Saturday, February 18, 2006

My first hat - scalloped hat

Okay, so this is the 1st hat I have ever knitted. I got the "recipe" for it from "one more row" which you can see here. I am not sure why my brim did not scallop like hers because I used the kind of yarn and followed the directions. That being said, I still love my hat. It only took me four hours to make it! And I am a slow knitter. I did it today while Harland job hunted. Sure beats just sitting around in bed blowing my nose.

Here is a picture of me wearing the hat. i have been really sick for the past three days, so please do not judge me on how I look in this photo. I am actually surprised that my nose doesn't look that red in this picture.


I wanted a funky hat that would go with my coat. And one that would go with other things as well (my coat being quite and odd color). I like the way the stiches look with the thick and thin yarn. I thought it would be harder to knit with, but it actually was fairly easy.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love these colors! Was that mail-order yarn? Is that what you mean? Send me the link if you get a second. :)