Sunday, April 19, 2009

Burke Lake

I love spring for many reasons... but one is because I love flowers springing up, and one of my favorite plants are ferns - and they are so neat when they're popping out.






Okay so getting to the story... yesterday was the first truly beautiful day here. It was in the mid 70's and just sunny and wonderful. I thought to myself, I need to get out. I should go to Great Falls National Park.

I wasn't the only one with that idea.


While I was waiting I did get this cool snapshot of new leaves above me (from my sunroof).


So after 45 minutes and going about a quarter mile or so... I turned around and left to go to my favorite regular place, Burke Lake Park.

Now I've mentioned the park about 100 times because I go there almost every week. When Harland is home we both love going there one day on the weekend. I usually go in the morning, and I usually run there... so I have never taken my camera... so something good came out of this anyway.

So here are some shots of and around Burke Lake!




1 comment:

Susan said...

wondrous pix as usual! love the pelican (I think?) especially - yay you for getting out in the beautiful day!