

Here are some pictures of the Washington monument. I have to admit that these guys made me miss Harland a little more acutely than usual. I don't see too many soldiers around these days (I do see some Air Force guys from time to time and some Marines... but rarely Army guys).

Anyway, I'm willing to put up with a little pinkness for a beautiful day like today! We decided to walk around the malls and take in some sights. Neither Bob or I had been to the WWII memorial, so we decided to head on down there.




Here is the view of the Lincoln Memorial from the WWII monument.We also took a look at the White House...
And who is that in the red dress? Someone visiting for Mothers' day? Michelle? Her mom? I wonder.... too bad I don't have a telephoto, I am not much of a paparazzi. There are also 2 men on the roof. Serious business.
Anyway, Gossip aside... we went to the Natural History museum and also to the American History museum. We didn't have enough time to see all the exhibits (naturally - I never have enough time at any of those museums! Too much!) but we did catch some highlights. The new star spangled banner exhibit is really nice, as is the new exhibit on Lincoln. Here are some pics from the natural history museum.


And this last picture is for Harland. In the American History museum they have some original scores from Duke Ellington, including Caravan. Harland likes Jazz music, so I knew he would appreciate this.


No comments:
Post a Comment