Sunday, January 31, 2010

What's new...

Well, actually a whole lot isn't new. I am starting to "get bigger", and I'm 17 weeks along today. It feels weird to start gaining a baby belly, as I'm sure those of you who have gone through it know. I mean, I'm not stranger to gaining weight, but baby belly appears in a different spot than where I gain weight. Also, it's kinda hard rather than squishy, so it's a totally different feeling! I knew eventually I'd start to get one, but it still came as a shock when it started... I mean for months I knew I was pregnant but the outside of me didn't change! Then the last two weeks... Bam! Expansion!

What else is new?

1. We got our first baby present, from my cousin Lisa and her family - 2 very cute rattles. It was really touching to get a surprise like that in the mail.

2. I didn't get my thank you notes and some cards I wanted to mail out. I'm bad at these things on a normal year... but these days by the time I get home, I'm tired and I'm also terribly forgetful. It's not a good combination to get anything done.

3.We've packed up some stuff we don't use daily. It's my goal to pack at least 2 boxes a day this week. I don't want to be scrambling at the end to get things done.

4. We got the appraisal on the townhome and it was for the price we're paying so all is good there! Only a few steps (and a few more weeks) to go and we'll be on our way!

5. I singlehandedly saved Northern Virginia from a bad snow storm yesterday. You see, we only got 4 inches... and it's all because I bought a snow shovel earlier this week. If I hadn't we could have gotten a lot more. But the storm stayed south just to make sure we didn't have the opportunity to shovel. Works every time. It's someone else's job to buy one next storm.

1 comment:

Susan said...

wow lots has been happening obviously - congrats on the house! and I'm glad I no longer have to keep the stork secret (not that I talk to mutual friends of ours super often but still)... thinking of you.