Saturday, April 03, 2010

Colonial Williamsburg

Hello! Haven't had time to post lately... been so tired! I just can't seem to sleep for more than two hours at a time... is this pregnancy's way of getting me prepared for a newborn already? But all is well, don't worry. I'm just starting to become huge! We decided last weekend that we would go down to Colonial Williamsburg (we both went there when we were kids but don't remember much). We needed a little bit of a vacation and pretty soon I won't want to spend a weekend walking all day!

Here are some pictures from there, I hope to get more posted later this week, so check back!

When we were there they were having a dying demonstration over at the weaver's house. I think all this yarn looks so pretty...



Harland's favorite place was the shoemaker's building. The guys there really knew their stuff, and told us a lot about making shoes back in the day. Now, if I ever do any time travel I'll know what to look for in a good dancing shoe. Well for guys... women had a different shop (and would bring 2 pairs of dancing shoes per dance and when they wore out threw them out...).



They used jars to keep their seedlings frost free back then. I think the glass looks pretty as well...



And what do you think this is for?

It's for raising doves for dinner. I had to ask because I couldn't figure it out, seemed too big to be a Martin house and obviously chickens wouldn't be able to get up there or fit in there!

Until next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could tell that thing was for birds... but doves for dinner? :)

I remember not being able to sleep when pregnant. I also remember going into labor being exhausted because of it. Not a good state to be in. Hope it gets better, because rest is important!!!