Thursday, October 26, 2006

tent!!

Yay, we are now proud owners of a tent!!!!
We tried it out today in our tiny living room.
Here's proof:


Anyway, I love our tent. It is rather roomy for a 2 person tent. I need to fix my side bars and make this blog more hiker friendly since it is now a hiking AND knitting blog. When I do, I will include these two websites: Big Agnes which is who makes the parkview tent and Gear for adventure who are the people we bought it from.

Anyway, we have one tiny 5 inch pole leftover and we can't figure out what it is for. Anyone know? All the other poles have these bungee cords in them so practically the tent puts itself up. The rain fly was a little harder to figure out (not pictured above) but we got it....

Harland is retying all the knots on our tent that hold the stake cables on to the tent. I guess the bowlines they had on there are not as good as the half hitch stopper knot Harland tied. I personally remember none of the knots i learned in Girl Scouts. Time to hit the library!

Happy Friday y'all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the 5-inch rod you speak if is known as a mini nostepinne used for making center pull balls of hanks of yarn while out in the wild.

Jessica said...

hahhaa, good one, I might need to try that.
I actually wrote an e-mail to the company and they wrote back today and told me that it is in case a pole breaks you can use this little pole by taping it around the broken pole and you can keep using your tent!

But I don't think making yarn balls would hurt it.

Susan said...

Very cool. My poor all-too-unused tent is of course in my humongous livingroom chest. Alas.