Well, not much besides that it is... Lychee Season!
Whee! I love fresh lychees.
Now - the first time I had lychees was last summer when my dear Mother-in-law bought me some, before then all I had had was the canned kind in the syrup. The canned kind are too sweet and overwhelming that way.
But fresh lychees are much better. It is like eating sweet flowers in grape form or something. I love them. They were also the favorite of Emperor Li Longji's favorite concubine Yang Yuhuan. Just for a little Chinese history lesson.
If you want 5 tips for making the best lychee martini, I did the research for you - click HERE.
You just peel them, and eat, although watchout for the seed inside. You can't eat it - it is slightly poisonous... and it would crack a tooth.
I took some pictures of a lychee I ate.. It was more on the redder side than it looks here... Hey - I told you it was a slow day here... eating lychees is better than blowing my nose which is the only other thing I've done today!!





1 comment:
I LOOOVE lychee, and I sure will try the recipe! Thanks for the link! oh and Happy Belated birthday, I hope it was a nice one.
Post a Comment