Remember - Click on any of the pictures to see them bigger!!
Anyway, It's been a whirlwind around here. H. got news that the Army is calling him back. They had given us 5 weeks notice, but we asked for a delay and now he'll be leaving in November. Personally, I don't understand how they think anyone can go from civilian life to Army if you aren't expecting to be called back in - in 5 weeks. Anyway, I digress.
So there was a lot of stress going around and I didn't feel like blogging. But now that is over and while there has been a lot of work to do at work, and some overtime hours logged (which doesn't look like it will change anytime soon)... I'm back to blogging.
Have I knit much? Eh... off and on. I started several projects, decided I hated them halfway through and stalled out. I'm not on a wee bit of a sewing bender, we'll see how long that lasts and if it produces anything, as while I'd love to be a great sewer and learn how to make some summer skirts... I am a pretty poor sewer and my sewing machine makes me nervous. It is rather old and I have no manual.
Okay... but you didn't come here to hear me whining - you came here to see pictures of what I have been up to.
So here is the last month and a half in pictures!!
We went hiking to see the Bluebells...


We went Camping on Assateague Island...


We went to Chincoteaque Island and climbed a lighthouse...


We went to Harland's Cousin Jessica's Wedding...


And we went to the WWII airshow in Reading (this picture courtesy of John Leckfor - since I forgot my camera).

Plus various walks at Burke lake park and other areas around here. So that is that!


5 comments:
hi there! Looks like you have been enjoying your time with Harland.
Sewing summer skirts sounds like a great idea. I dream of someday doing the same. :)
Nice to see you back in blogland! I'm glad you're enjoying the summer and your pictures are beautiful as always! I just bought fabric and a pattern for a skirt. We'll have to see how it goes...I'm nervous to start! :)
so good to see you back! missed you!!!! glad you've still got H home with you too!!!!
look at you you skinny minny!!!! great minds think alike - I have a skirt pattern and some fabric from last summer I was thinking of digging out, plus possibly another quilt project this summer but it has to be a scrap quilt since I'm so broke - no worries, since I have about 2 bushels of fabric leftovers... more soon - I'm glad you like the sticker!! isn't it fun? very fun hiking pic especially - better keep it up b/c I'm planning on catching up with you guys!!!!!!!!!!! (and btw lots of pretty danged incredible hikes down my way if you feel like a road trip before H leaves :)
You look fabulous in your green dress! That is a great color for you. You're a hottie!
Post a Comment