Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ye Olde Running Tymes

Ahhh,
So I decided to use the power of the web (very very few things are erased) to look up my old running times. It was so nice to see my old name. Miss you!

Anyway, I wanted to get my old times to have something to shoot for.
31 year old Jessica would like to kick 22 thru 24 year old Jessica's butt.
Maybe I'm getting more competitive in my old(er) age.

Here they are, at least the ones I can find. I am *almost 100% sure* that my fastest one was 36:35. Of course that is one of the races I can't seem to find online. But I guess this makes it that much easier to beat my old times, right?!

June 25, 2000
Run thru Hell 5-K
40:19

November 22. 2001
Manchester Road Race (4.748 miles)
72:16

January 6, 2002
Disney World Half Marathon (13.1 miles)
Official Time: 3:25:35
Chip Time: 3:16:21

February 10, 2002
Bank of America Gasparilla Distance Classic 5-k
Clock Time: 42:55
Chip Time: 40:07

I don't think it will actually be that hard to keep up with my old self. I guess we'll see how it goes. So far I am doing well keeping up with the training. I found a few fun websites for running.

One is the program I'm doing called the Couch to 5-k. They have some articles, the program and even some podcasts set to music to tell you when to run and when to walk. I'm currently on week 3.

Another website is Google Map's Pedometer which you can map out your run and it tells you how long your route its. Fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say, "WOW!"?

I am now in awe of you. I didn't know you had run a half marathon. I had hoped to do one in my town this year, but I just can't get it together to regularly for long enough.

I am so excited to see your running progress. :)

Kristin L. said...

YAY! 31 year old Jessica can totally kick younger Jessica's behind. I'll be a cheerleader! :) To copy one of Connor's favorite cheers...go Jessica, go Jessica, go Jessica!