Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy Busy New Year!

I don't really have any pictures to post this week, mostly I just came on here to make sure people know I'm alive! We had a lot going on in this household this week!

1. My company merged with another so that has been pretty exciting!

2. I told my boss and co-workers the big news! We are expecting a baby in July! Now I'll have to do all kinds of planning for time off and things at work. whew!

3. We went to see several townhouses last week. We were not planning on buying any of them, but just seeing what is out there. We also went to one single family house. But the big news there is we ended up loving one of the townhomes!

4. We bid on a townhouse and it was accepted! It is in a really nice neighborhood, has lots of "Greenspace" areas (including a park across the street), has a decent (well, for this area) sized backyard and was recently remodeled with granite counter tops in the kitchen! It looks so nice! So depending on the inspections/appraisals/etc. it looks like we'll finally have a place to call home! And one with 3 bedrooms even! I am excited.

5. With all this excitement and change - unfortunately came with a cold. So I'm really rather out of it today. Which is no fun. But I'm terribly excited about all the wonderful new things going on this new year - new company, new house, new baby on the way!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Jessica - Congratulations! A new baby! How exciting! I have been keeping an eye on your blog for awhile now. I work with your friend Amy in Florida. I taught her how to crochet awhile back. We keep meaning to gather a group...one of these days...

Jessica said...

Hi Bonnie! I think you should encourage Amy to explore the world of baby crochet. I hope to have this baby's life full of handmade items! Of course since I'm busy with the house stuff right now, I'm not sure if I'll ever get any done myself!

It sounds like you guys down there will need plenty of woolies this week! I heard it was 32 in Tampa this morning!!

Susan said...

guess I missed this one b/c I was so excited about the Terra Cotta warriors before. congrats again on the house! next cold: try Airborne - I used it last week and it worked even better than Emergen-C. when you get a chance please tell me the actual due date. merci!