Sunday, January 17, 2010

Terra Cotta Warriors

This weekend we went to see the Terra Cotta Warriors at the National Geographic Museum. If you want to know more about them you can click Here.

If you're thinking about going, make sure to order your tickets in advance. They're sold out for several weekends ahead. Harland bought these tickets for me because I had tried to buy some before Christmas and every time I chose a day, they were sold out!

It's a small museum but the exhibit was really nicely put together. They had different kinds of the warriors. Some were officers, some were horsemen or servants or government officials... others were soldiers. They're all life-sized and it was interesting to learn that they all looked different (every single of of thousands and thousands!) and at one time had been painted in brightly colored paint.

You can't take any pictures inside the exhibit, so I will have to show you these outside pictures...
Here's the museum...


Here is a picture taken through the sign on the building when were were waiting in line, looking out towards the street. I thought it was a cool effect...

And here is Harland with a fake terra cotta warrior that they had at the end for picture purposes. It's the same size as the real ones so you can get a sense of size.


It was a really nice day to go out and about - it reached 53 degrees yesterday! Perfect!

1 comment:

Susan said...

color me jealous - have always wanted to see them - guess I'll have to go to China now!