So I was talking to my KB today... well, okay I was talking to him in my head because I was throwing down an e-mail to him (some people have pets or plants to talk to, I don't have either here in TDC so let me be). Anyway, I was writing an e-mail to dear KB and I was complaining about the fact i have not yet gotten my book from Barnes and Nobel that has to do with vintage sock patterns. It is called "knitting vintage socks" by Nancy Bush.click to see it here
I have been stalking this book on various book sites, trying to see inside the book, reading little snipets here and there. I want this book! I want to read it! See knitting is bad because it is very similar to cookbooks. I read cookbooks and dream about the things I don't have the time/space/supplies to make. So I can read a pattern book the same way!! And since I have been obsessed by socks lately... well it fuels my obsession. The internet sock sites are not enough!! Especially since hubby hogs the computer doing this little thing called "job searching".
Anyway it has been 3 weeks since I ordered the book. Our mail has been wacky lately and I haven't gotten a package on time recently (except some sock yarn from knitpicks). So today while writing to KB I had this idea. I must be having Bad Sock Karma because I have made two socks without mates. So maybe I will not get the book until these pairs are finished.
I better get cracking today since I still have an inch of ribbing to do on the orange sock. I am way behind.
And clearly Yoga has not helped the sock karma because I have done yoga 2 days in a row.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I have the Nancy Bush book and it is a good one!
Thanks for visiting my blog. Your socks are fun! I'm looking forward to seeing the matching one!
I don't know about anyone else, but I've always thought B&N has very slow delivery compared to most Internet companies. It's not bad karma.....unless I have bad karma too.
BTW, I loved the comment you left on pink dandelion's blog about being a better knitter than your friends. Who knew knitting could be such a cut-throat endeavor? ;-)
if not finishing an item before starting another is bad knitting karma, you know kb a.k.a. mr. man of 500 simultaneous projects is totally screwed ;)
Kim- Good to hear the book will be worth it onece it gets here! yay!! Your blog is great, I have been lurking there for a while.
Marisa- good to know B&N isn't singleing me out because they read my blog and realized I didn't finish my socks. :) And I just said that because all my friends are better knitters than me! Reading your comment makes it sound like I said I was a better knitter than all my friends. hahaha. I started last. I might catch up to Susan and KB someday!!
KB- nice you have a picture now too! Cool. You better get cracking on some of those old projects or your next knitting book may take MONTHS.
So has the book come yet? Or have you not finished your sock?
Post a Comment