Monday, June 26, 2006

Dishcloths are underrated

WEll hello, I have been knitting dishcloths. "Why?" you may ask. Well because I read an article this weekend in the news paper that said that kitchen sponges can be "mean little transporters of bacteria". In the article (which was printed in the Stars and Stripes but was originally from The Seattle Times) they suggested using a clean dishcloth for every day. So I decided that my cotton yarn must finally be utilized. And so on I go knitting dishcloths. I have a feeling this is all my brain can handle by knitting anyway these days. I have a zillion worries about this move, and all future travels. My life will surely be unsettled for the next two months. So I put away the sock for now and out come some squares. I may get more creative as I go... but this is what I have so far. I am using Lion Cotton (by lionbrand) in grape. And size 7 Denise needles. I love my Denises and they are the best knititng present I ever got. If you only buy one set of needles, make them Denises. They are fairly inexpensive and they rock.





What I like about these is I can finish them in a day or two. And they look so pretty. Already I am thinking of giving away the basketweave one to a friend with some nice soap to use as a washcloth. So again it begins that it will probably take me the next two months to make 7 dishcloths that I don't give away. :)

well that is all for now, friends.

5 comments:

KBlicious said...

this is coming out gorgeous! blast you and your project inspiring when i have 500 things going on already with no time to work on any of them! i want dishcloths dammit! i have cotton coming out of my ears, so it will happen eventually. i love that you can do basketweave, i stink at it. go you. kisses!

Anonymous said...

I love making dishcloths! They're great ways to try out new stitch patterns too! A couple pattern repeats of knitty's wavy scarf makes a nifty dishcloth. Though my favorite pattern is still the Log Cabin Dischcloth over here. I still have yet to try the Alien Dishcloth. I'm tellin' ya though, as soon as I get my mitts on some cheap lime green cotton... ;-)

I learned to knit on a dishcloth, and I don't think ANY of my dishcloths have ever made it into my own towel drawer as of yet... it may take you even longer than you think to make those 7 for yourself ;-)

Knit Picking said...

I heard through the grapevines that it's your birthday. Happy Birthday!

Mamma said...

I'm here to wish you a Happy Birthday. It's going to be a great year.

BrownBerry said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! (KB let the secret out)