I'm sure I will soon return to Agi, but I think my true love is socks. So I have been pretty eager to make a sock from my new sock book - which finally came.
I am working on "oak ribbed sock" on page 30 of Nacy Bush's "Knitting Vintage Socks". I am using size 1 needles and Knit Pick's Parade in Forest. I have some concerns I may run out of yarn since the pattern calls for more than I have - but I am shortening the cuff by 2.5 inches in hopes I will be okay.
I am being a bit of a daredevil, so we shall see what happens.
Anyway, here is a picture of the cuff - You can see how the pattern changes after the first inch or so. I really like it.

Here is a shot looking in, I actually really like the way the inside looks... maybe I'll start a new "wear your socks inside out" trend?


3 comments:
Our 'vintage socks' book just turned up here. It had been missing for awhile.
Can't wait to see your finished sock!
You haven't posted lately... how are the socks coming?
dude, you're about as un-knitty as i am right now. meh. :( i haven't made a knitting related post since like the end of may. having other obligations sucks. when are we opening up our yarn company? we could build androids to spin the yarn so we could just work on crafting samples every day, and we'll pay ourselves TONS of money for it. hey, i just came up with a name, but it's kinda horrible. i'll have to e-mail it, can't post here. ;) heart you! love the sock!
Post a Comment