
Okay here is the sock so far, I haven't really worked on it long - I had to roll my yarn into a ball first because I am terrible about finding the part of the skein to pull out to find the end of the yarn - then I end up with so much yarn not in the skein that I have to roll it up into a pull center ball and while I am at it I might as well roll the whole thing. My balls are terribly lopsided though...
(this is why with my first paycheck - I am putting money aside and will wait until I get a coupon and then I shall buy a ball winder)
Anyway - As you can see there is one bamboo needle in there. You may also notice it is certainly not a toe up sock. That is because I decided to make the sock on the yarn label. I know - not too terribly crazy - but I wanted to just do a mindless easy sock in the car this weekend. The directions called for 5 needles so this is my first time with 4 live needles instead of 3.
Hopefully I will actually get two socks out of one ball!
We'll see how far I get, if you know me at all you know if I am not driving I fall asleep instantly in a car. Whoopies. I remember falling asleep on the way to Montgomery,AL form Auburn and that is like a half hour ride!


1 comment:
yay! i'm so glad you're back!!! i love the colors! just so you know, the technical name for that yarn that comes out of the skein whence looking for the end is "yarn vomit" or sometimes "yarn barf." :0) Thanks to one of the KH'ers for enlightening me on that one, had to pay it forward and share it with you. (giggle) Happy knitting!!!!
Post a Comment