It has just been one thing after another here... as I guess happens during moves. We are still not moved in completely... the Army misplaced about half our shipment from Korea so that has just been fun to deal with.
But anyway... Monday was Harland's Birthday *and* our 2nd wedding anniversary - but the first one we spent together. Harland cooked a lovely dinner of grilled shrimp over saffron rice. I contributed some birthday cake. :)
Here is the official blowing out the candles picture:

Now for some belated birthday fun, here are some pictures of my hat for my Uncle for his birthday which was September 30th... (Um, I forgot to rotate these, so you can either rotate your monitor or just sit there and try not to let it bohter you while you read on)
The beginning... I wanted to make sure it would fit a head since I was making it up as I went along...

note: my Cheap way to keep the yarn from slipping off my needles in transit - a twistie tie.


And here it is in all its glory. Do you want to make one exactly like it? I totally made up this pattern from a generic hat pattern from Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's "Knitting Rules" book...
Buy a skein of thick and quick, put 88 stiches on some 10.5 sized circular needles, knit 2k2P rib and when you get to where you want to taper off just seperate with stitch markers every 8 stitches then knit the last two together in every group, knit a plain row then keep repeating those two rows until you have 10 stitches left then loop some yarn through and knot, sew in the end and that is it!!
now this is a thick hat, it will stand up on its own if you let it. It is for people who live where it is cold! You have been warned. :)
Also I made two scarves from a pattern from a nearby knitting group that I haven't yet actually made it to yet, and probably won't this week either... why are Thursdays so hard to keep free?
This is the scarf that is not a Christmas Present. In fact, it is for me, and I love it.
Please do not think that pink is as bright in person, because it isn't that bright. And the grey is really a green. Hmm, maybe I will need to photograph this outside someday... because it looks kinda hideous on here and in real person it is SO INCREDIBLY FUN.

it looks more like this (sorry you know I love the macro)

And that, my friends is the last few weeks in my life.


4 comments:
I think you are feeding that boy too well - his cheeks are enormous!!! tee hee... very cool hat too, oops I mean very warm hat :) ... not to mention gravity-defying! how many people can say they have a gravity-defying sock cap?! :) glad you guys had a good celebration. Happy Thursday!
Happy belated anniversary and happy belated b-day to Mr. H! Love the hat! What yarn is that scarf made of, I just love those colors! xxoxoox
Happy Anniversary! ...and great hat! I might make one for my husband, but he is ultra picky ("Kristina, why do you HAVE to make me a hat??"), so I will have to run it by him first.
HI Everyone! Susan, some fun post is on tis way to you, if you haven't already gotten it. I finally got a letter off to you.
Sean, thanks for the well wishes, I will send them off to H. as well. The yarn is Noro Big Kureyon in colorway 02, I think. I also made my uncle JOhn G. one in colorway 20 which really turned out awesome. I will send you a pick soon of that one.
Kristina...
I made that hat in Wool-Ease Chunky, color Charcoal.
I wanted it to be warm yet okay to get wet since that unlce Kayaks alot.
Post a Comment