This is one of those cases.
So I have completed ONE pair of hand knit socks. I have one sock for Susan that is lonely for a partner, I have another sock that was started and abandoned because I messed it up and do not have the heart to unravel it. So I have, or um, had one pair of orange socks.
Then I hear these words "Honey, did this shrink?" as my delightful husband was holding up an bright orange piece of wool...

Yes, Harland that shrunk. He is now the wiser that I did not knit socks out of cotton as he for whatever reason thought (even though he does indeed remember me hand washing my socks in the sink a few weeks ago). So rest in peace my dear socks.
Also, I made homemade pretzels from Rebecca's recipe that her parents used to make them for use from. YUM!!

Also - we have two great new plants. The little one's name is Silverstar and the other one's name is Salazaar. When I have time and energy I'll explain why - but it is almost bed time.



4 comments:
poor socks! they would make kind of cute mini-christmas stockings to hang somewhere, tho... or save them for when you guys get dogs and then if one of them gets bit on the foot at doggie daycare by another bowser like one of Adrienne's yesterday, you can put it over the bandages to protect it on walks. this sounds trite but I don't mean it to be - really I'm just rambling... the stocking idea isn't bad I think tho :) you could even put goodies in them as stocking gifts to send to people or something... Sammers is digging at something dangerous so bye! :)
i see children's felted slippers. it's like the cartoons where the wife pulls the sweater out of the dryer and it's too small to fit the cat. those always tickled me. as a knitter, not so much. are those like crunchy hard eat with ice cream pretzels or soft chewy whilst slightly crisp on the outside drizzle with butter and coarse salt kind of pretzels? they look delicious whatever they are.
your comment on sus answered my thanksgiving question in my email then :) hope you guys have a blast - I don't know if you'll have internet much up there but have a good trip!! lovelovelove S
Ooooh nooo!! Though it IS awful sweet of you DH to do the laundry... so I really can't blame him there.
*trying to think of interesting things to do with a felted sock...*
Oooh the pretzels look yummy... now I'm wishing I went ahead and got one at Costco like I almost did the other day...
Now I'm hungry. Thanks a lot.
Post a Comment