
It was soooo nice to see her, but I have to admit her departure was very sad indeed and I realized how much I miss having girl friends. DC is nice and all but it is weird to be married and not have any friends. I know from moving around a lot it always takes about a year to find a really close friend, so I am not concerned at all... Just a little lonely.
But anyway, let's move away from all that mopey-ness! We decided to head to DC yesterday and go to the art museum.

Harland thought a lot about this sculpture.

And y'all it was 73 degrees out yesterday. The birds were out in full force.

People were in shorts playing Frisbee on the mall lawn and even doing this:

It's January?!?! In Virginia?!? Not that I am really complaining... but remember my post of 33 degrees on October 13th? I was so sad and worried it would be so cold from then on. Thank goodness it hasn't been that way at all!! And I got to wear short sleeves! In January! Outside!


3 comments:
Lucky you, having a friend visit! I have sympathy in the friend-making dept. When we moved here, I worked in a different state for the first year. I didn't meet anyone that lived here. Then, I had my son, and I still didn't meet anyone. I didn't make my first real friend until my son was over a year old! Of course, I WAS incredibly shy. ;)
I'm so glad Amy got to come - you'll have to tell me all about it this weekend!
I'm so glad I was able to visit y'all! You are the ONLY Jessica for me, friend :)
Post a Comment