Here was her present:

In other knitting news...
Here is what is on the needles right now:

That is my first square from the "Learn to knit Afghan book" by Barbara Walker. It is called the Rose Fabric. I think it is a tremendous book for beginners or intermediate people - or people like me that are in between!! (also apologies to colorblind people, those colors will probably be hard to distinguish. I should have used more contrasting yarn shades)
Also - great to use up some of your leftover yarns laying around! Harland's sister kindly bought it for me for Christmas. I'd been eye-ing it for several months before Christmas. It's my new thing to do in between projects. Right now I am trying to learn how to do stripy things better before I start my cousin's scarf.
Once the scarf is done - I am seriously considering joining the Salina-along if I can get my hands on the book in time. It'd be my very first sweater! Check it out!! Salina-along


2 comments:
I LOVE the colors you chose for Brig's hat - really really cool (even tho I'm partial to my mitten colors :) I'm going to investigate that book - the scarf looks tremendous (and Summer Academy would be proud of your mentioning the colorblindness disclaimer :) nyernt nyernt!
I joined Salina-along and it will be my first sweater for myself, I have only made one other one for my 3 year old son. You should do it too, it'll be fun!
Post a Comment