Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Enough with the blood and saliva already

So my hubster had his wisdom teeth out this morning - and he's still got one place that is still bleeding, poor guy. We even tried the teabag trick and it's still bleeding a tiny bit. Let's hope before bedtime it stops.

Me? I am officially one of the world's worst nurses because I can't look at his "spitoon" without gagging when I wash it out. Yuck. But then we did have a "spillage" episode and I didn't gag then so maybe I am getting better. I don't know how I'll have kids. They create all kinds of bodily messes...

In other news the exterminator came and looked at our floor and was like "um... in the middle of the floor, huh. Haven't seen that. I'll talk with the apt people right away and see if they can tear up the carpet."

Needless to say hours passed and I had to call the apt people up - only to learn that all the stuff I cleared out of our closet now has to be put back in because no one is coming for an entire week.

I've knitted today to keep my head out of thinking about old blood n' guts on the couch. I have about 3/4 of a hat finished from the book Last-minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson . This is the first thing I have actually knitted from this book even though it was one of my first books. I love the pictures in it and often flip through it just to see the colors. There are a lot of complaints that all of these projects take longer than you think they will (the projects are divided into projects that take a certain amount of time, for example the hat is in the "4-6 hour" category) but she does state that the smallest size of the project is what they based on time. And we all know a baby hat takes less time than a grown-up one. I can't finish it tonight anyway - I need to get some double pointed needles in size 9. And I'm almost to the point of using the DPNs.... so.... maybe if I have time tomorrow night after work I can go get some.




Harland looks like he is finally taking a nap. I guess I better stop typing and go read quietly in the other room. Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had my wisdom teeth out a couple years ago and I was miserable... I had them out about 2 weeks before Christmas and got a cold about the same time too (sneezing and newly removed wisdom teeth don't mix well... lol)

I had it done under local anesthetic and found out that they have to be 'more careful' with local (thus the healing process is a little faster and a little less painful).

The bleeding quit pretty fast for me - I hope he's doing better now!