Thursday, March 29, 2007

Marriage V Single

So a few of my single friends have expressed to me recently that they wish they had someone...
someone to cuddle during movies and football games...
someone who was always there to pick one up from the airport...
someone to love forever and ever...

But I have to admit every once and a while, I miss being single.
Free to, let's say, take a bath by candle light...
as long as I wanted...
with the hottest of water...

And not have the following playing on the stereo in the other room on a loud level:
1. The theme song from Magnificent Seven
2. The theme song from Superman
3. The Olympic Theme song...

Now I'm not saying that the songs are bad songs, they're great.
They're just not my top choice of bath music. Especially since I have already heard them in the car today.

Hubby made a mix CD today - movie theme songs. Sigh.

2 comments:

Susan said...

next time I'm pining for companionship I'll focus on the blissful lack of theme song mixes in my life :)

Anonymous said...

Just wait until you have kids (unless you don't). Then, you will just wish that you could have just five minutes of silence (you know, without the constant singing and chatter, and other kid noises), and you will pine for the days when you could clean your house and it would still be clean if you turned your back for a moment.

I guess what I am saying is that it is normal to love our lives, but still wish that for JUST A MOMENT we could at least control our immediate environment in our own homes!!