But here is the brief version of day one.
1. arrived int he early am (around 7am) got to our hotel by 8:30am.
2. after wine and peanuts (nice hotel) went to the Van Gogh museum.
3. got caught in a downpour and had to to duck under an awning.
4. took a nap
5. ate ricetable at an Indonesian restaurant.
6. watched some Dutch TV.
Here are some pictures:
Our Hotel

The Van Gogh museum is in the center. To the right is the Rijksmuseum which we visit another day.

Here is the view outside our hotel window.

And the view at night...

Here is a picture from the restaurant. I think it looks like the lighting in old romance movies that start the likes of Vivien Leigh or such. I never thought that that kind of lighting could actually occur in real life... it always looked so "movielike".
Of course when H. saw this picture, he said "cool, I look like a ninja". So I have called this shot Ninja Romance. Enjoy!!

If you are curious if, in fact, ninjas can love... this question has been answered by "ask a ninja". If you haven't seen these video podcasts they are pretty funny. I'll include one here for your amusement since our first day was a little on the light side of pictures.


1 comment:
I have long loved the askaninja site -very fun! those are great pix!!!! esp the hotel one and the outside the hotel at night one and the Harland one... you rock!
Post a Comment