Friday, September 28, 2007

Knitting...


Okay so for a while I haven't posted any knitting on here... because when I got back from the Netherlands I've been feeling under the weather. I am really tired these days.

Anyway - Here is what I have been knitting lately - all of it is for the afghans for Afghans charity. First I made the blue mittens. Then the green mittens.


What is super cool about the green pair is that I taught myself how to fair isle knit. Well taught myself from my newest favorite handy-dandy book The knitting Answer Book.

I was trying use up all the yarns that were 100% wool that were 3/4 of a skein or half of a skein that I had leftover from other projects. I have done a pretty good job, there isn't much left at all.

Once I did the striped hat I decided to try my hand at designing some fair isle and I think it came out pretty good.

Fair Isle was really intimidating visually to me, but it turns out it is easier than lace!! Whee! I'd like to Fair Isle everything!! I think I may try to fair isle some wristwarmers with the few scraps I had left. Although I'll have to get some kind of main color yarn I think.

The only problem I have is I kinda stink at weaving in ends. Does anyone have a better trick for this to make it look prettier?

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow! I'm so jealous! I love fair isle, but it is SO scary to me! You did a beautiful job!! :)

Susan said...

very splendiferous!!! you are absolutely rocking!!! hope you feel more energized soon too :) :) :)

KBlicious said...

you go with your fair isle knitting self!!!! do you do the weaving in trick as you are changing colors? if you do that, you can just snip them and skip the weaving later. there is an awesome video at Philosopher's Wool here

hope you're feeling better!!!!! miss you KG!!!! xoxoxoxoxox

(p.s. kg was in my verification word! coincidence?) teehee