Sunday, November 11, 2007

Fall Fall Fall

Well, I haven't posted in a little while. It has been a sad week for several of my friends, and I just couldn't think of what to post that didn't seem insignificant or silly or both.

So I encourage all of you to take the time today and tell a loved one you care, and to take a minute of of your day to think about America's Veterans and how they have sacrificed in many ways so that we can all be free.

...And what's more American than apple pie?

We have an interesting twist in this household this weekend -
What is it??
Apple Pie Wontons of course.
These are fairly easy to make. And they are so much lower in fat than apple pie crust. Wow. I hate to say it, but you could eat 18 apple pie wontons per one slice of pie. And they're baked, not fried. They're a Weight Watchers recipe, or else I'd share it with y'all.

Yum. They are tasty.
I'll probably end up making another batch tomorrow.

Anyway, We also went out to enjoy the fall air today - lately it has been raining so a lot of the prettier leaves are now gone... except in our apt. complex where there are bright yellows, oranges, rusty reds, blood reds, and cherry colored reds. It is so pretty, but I don't want to be "that weird person" who is taking pictures in the apt complex, especially after this bad ex-cop in our apt complex.

What a crazy world. Now I'm glad there was no trick-or-treating this year.

Anyway - happier subjects. Here are some pretty fall pictures from our day today. And we also renewed our National Parks Pass (which is now called the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass And so we will be looking forward to all excuses to use it in the next year to make sure we get our money's worth.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, gorgeous pictures!!

and those apple wantons look yummy.

Susan said...

bee-yew-tee-full pix! (as usual) up late posting grades on stupid Blackboard... :(