Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanks for Thanksgiving!!

Hi - we got back yesterday from a fantastic Thanksgiving at my parents house. I didn't have the time to put pictures up until now though.

So first up - Best part about thanksgiving is... well, the food!


Then on Saturday my hubby, my dear dad and my Uncle Buddy all went to Monocacy Hill, a great little walk near the house. If you want some more information about it, here is a link to their website. Unfortunately from looking at their website to link it here...I saw that it looks like people are trying to use the area for some timber harvesting, which would be a real shame since it is one of the few areas in the middle of farms and houses that has a bit of woods. Please note: it is currently hunting season and people are allowed to hunt in this area.

Anyway - here are some pictures from our trip:
Along the trail there were all these great Norway Maples that were a festival of bright yellows. Here is my Uncle in the midst of a sunburst on the trail.


Pictures from the top.
As you can tell we had 3 cameras for 4 people... which is kind of funny. I am looking forward to seeing my Dad's and my uncle's pictures. Here is an action shot of a photographer at work while another photographer is hiking up.



Here is the view!!


And here is another action shot - One photographer taking a picture and the only person without a camera (Harland) is looking through binoculars.



but the fun doesn't stop there... At the bottom of the hill there is this mysterious structure from 1925. And the Hill Conservation Assoc. put up a sign so we finally learned what it is!!


I'd tell you, but where is the fun in that?

1 comment:

Susan said...

ooo! thanks for the pix and thanks for the apple wonton recipe - you rock!! I'm glad the syrup made it safely - I lied to the post office lady... Liquid? no ma'am! Andy and I went camping up north of Bham Friday-Saturday - I froze my patootie off - we went to the Sipsey Wilderness if you want to google it - nice change of scenery despite the cold (altho admittedly I'm a wimp about weather - more and more as I stay down here) happy belated thanksgiving!!!!