Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What's new!

So usually I don't post this often, but happy news! I got some yarn int he mail today (I'm going to gloss over the part where I left the magazine with the pattern I want to knit at work so I can't start it yet, grr!).

Also I had a bunch of coupons and some things I occasionally go to Giant to buy were on sale so with all the coupons combined with the sales I saved 8 dollars (and I only spent 13). So that is pretty cool. Kristina at Yarnsticks is the inspiration - since I've always bought things on sale and I have used coupons but I never consciously put the two together. From now on I am pretty sure I'll scout the pages for things I want and then seek out coupons. If you want to know more about her strategies, look at this older post.

But mostly I posted today to tell you that last week Harland was interviewed by a finance columnist about some new practices the TSP will be using. Click here for the article. He is quoted near the end and it is only one sentence.

And so that is that. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the savings!! Savings $8 on a $21 grocery order is great!!

People laugh at me when I tell them what I do, but it really does add up. I am thinking of writing another post on budgeting and the "third" paychecks that come twice a year for people who are paid biweekly. But I think that only one person commented on my grocery savings post, so maybe I am just speaking to an uninterested audience.

Yay for Harland being quoted! It sounds like he is very wise, financially (and maybe all-around, as well!).

Kristin said...

I never get tired of seeing my husband's name in the paper. Even if it is only a one liner. :)

Seriously though, thanks for the link. It was a very informative article. We have a TSP account from Eric's time with the government. :)

Susan said...

ya gotta love a guy who uses the word "unchecked" - yay Harland!!!!!