Well since Kristina swears that reading workout blogging isn't terrible, I thought I'd update you guys! Still going strong - yesterday I just did an easy bike while reading exercise, and today I re went after my running, running it up a notch to running my minutes as a 10 minute mile pace. So I think I'll hang out doing the same regimen for a total of two weeks before adding more running time as this is a pretty hard workout for me. My legs are a little sore. Not too badly though.
By the way, if you are like me and like to keep a log of your exercise... but you lose notebooks, or forget to write in them at home and then remember at work and then forget when you get home again - and wish there was a more portable way... I found that the new runner's world training log is pretty cool. You can put your time, your mileage, the weather conditions, where you ran, etc. all in one area. It also has other activities besides running so if you crosstrain like me (probably not lazily reading like me while doing it tho) then you can enter in that too. It's free. Here is the link. And they have a free demo so you can try it all out before you decide if you want to sign up. In general their website is pretty fun and has lots of fun stuff to look at.
If you are in the DC area (or if you are coming to see me) and want to find a race or find a group to run with or something like that, check out this website, the Washington Running Report.
If you look under calendars, they list all the races in PA, VA, and MD.
If you are running somewhere else you can check out the Running Network webpage and see what is near you! I know there is a New England one too.
Coincidently, I also picked up my knitting again. I had a 2 month hiatus. I don't know why, since I love love love knitting... but maybe i just needed a break. So that is cool too. I have about an inch of a sweater done. This is a regular worsted weight sweater, and I have to say the thicker/quicker yarn is much more satisfying when you look to see what your daily progress is!
I'll post pictures tomorrow. Maybe I'll be up to 2 inches by then. hahaha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
congrats on the running AND the knitting!!!!
And, IMO, reading workouts updates is inspiring. It helps to remind me to keep motivated and work a little harder.
One of the funnest things is that the person on the Running Network homepage when I clicked is Lisa Coniglio - "coniglio" means rabbit in Italian - one of my 10 or 12 Italian words. :) isn't that fun? and she's a runner??!! I'm sure someone has mentioned this synchronicity to her before... :)
hey you like to mention fun word verifications you get - mine here for this is "hhickok" kee
the log rocks, too - and I'm sorry but reading during cardio is NOT lazy - I do it all the time - way too boring otherwise - on weights days I walk and on non-weights days I do the bike - luckily I can read during both :) (I use present tense here even tho I have not gymmed for over 1.5 weeks now due to my cold and then all the house hullabaloo... back at it Tuesday!! oh and yay to the re-knitting! woo hoo!
Post a Comment