I sure hope that isn't a trademarked slogan or anything.
Anyway, as you all know - I'm trying to get back into running condition this year. It is the year of the Rat, and er, um, Runner! So since January I have been getting back into the habit of getting up at six, putting on what seems like 5 gazillion layers, walking to the gym in our complex and exercising. (which if you know me and waking up, this part is probably more than half my challenge)
Not very challenging exercising, though, I admit. Sure there were some days where I threw myself on the elliptical and was at its "cross country" mercy... but most days I was lazier and did the "hill" setting on the exercise bike (while reading a magazine, people leave the best magazines there). Hahaha. Whoops.
Anyway, I declared today the day to start getting serious so that by the time it is nice enough to wear 2 or less layers outside, I'll be ready to do some running. I've decided to buck the system a little. All the training programs have you exercising a half hour, which is good (I assume they do this since most people are training for a 5-k and if you run a 10 minute mile then you're there in a half hour) but when I am trying to start out it seems too long and I usually end up straining a muscle too much and then I quit. At least that seems to be the way it has been the last few times.
But suppose, just for a second, I cut it down to 20 minutes. Maybe this will be better, plus on running days I can lift weights. So that is my new system. We'll see how it goes. I'll keep you posted. But not too posted. then you would get bored and my few loyal readers would wander away and I'd be writing to myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I think that whatever works to get you moving is right. Once 20 minutes starts to feel "easy", then you can kick it up a notch (ha, ha).
good luck, and please, DO post!!
ps. any hourglass action lately? I ripped my sleeve and started over. I will post this week about it.
oooo I love the new orange titles!!!!! :)
I think 20 minutes is a great start - that way you won't do like I always do and either hurt yourself at the beginning or drain yourself and get bummed about exercising before you have Exercise Momentum. :) rock on!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment