Anyway, mine is in a very pretty red, not bright cherry red, a little deeper, but not a maroon either. Somewhere perfectly in between. I'm using Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Cranberry.
And so, as I alluded to yesterday, the knitting is going slower because of the regular worsted weight yarn. But I have made some progress.
First I turned over the hem, and knitted it in, so I do not have to go back and knit it later when I am done. Yay! I really hate sewing as I am too impatient to be good at it. In fact I would love to take some sewing classes but the are around $100 bucks around here - even the ones offered at stores! But I digress... Here is the hem before it is turned.

Here it is half way done (the left half is finished, the right half still needs to be done).

And here is where I am right this very minute. It's wider that our remote control! (not that I planned to have the remote in the picture it just sort of happened that way)

I have heard that knitted hems flip more than sewn in ones, but as I am not confidant of my sewing skills and I don't like to do it, I am going to rock this sweater regardless if the hem flips.
I'll love it unconditionally! If it flips, I'll consider it charm.


3 comments:
Yay!!!!!!! I'm glad we are both being slackers on this knitting project!!
your nails always look beautiful, by the way. :)
I love that color, it'll look really pretty on you! The turned hem came out nice. :)
exceedingly fun color!! and rock on knitted-in hems!! Kristina's comment made me smile, as someone who has long been jealous of Jessica's fun long tapered fingers and nails. :)
Post a Comment