Hi Everyone.
Well we sprung back our clocks today - all the way back to December it feels, as it is 27 degrees out!! However, spring is on it's way for sure, as I have seen actual daffodils popping up on sunny hillsides and some sort of fruit tree in my apt. complex has sprouted pretty pink flowers. For anyone who would like to come to DC for the famous Cherry Blossoms, they say the peak will be March 27 - April 3, 2008! During the Cherry Blossom Festival.
Please make note, though, that Hotel de la Centreville , which has great service and cheap rates (aka free, please come visit us!!), is already booked for the weekend of March 28th. :) H's sister is coming down for a wedding/visit that weekend. Unless you don't mind the blowup bed... then you're welcome too.
Okay so what else is new with me? Well, someone out there got me a subscription to backpacker magazine. Unless I sleep ordered it, somehow. So if you did this and I forgot you were going to, or if you planned some kind of great surprise, 'fess up so I can thank you properly!!
Of course it makes me want to go hiking badly and it is so cold out today. Plus I am tired from yesterday. Yesterday was the Arlington County Red Cross's Basketball tourney. It is their big fundraiser for the year. I was in charge of kids activities and it went pretty well. I tell you - if you ever have a group of under 12 year olds, and need to entertain them for hours and hours, a moon bounce is the way to go. We got two from T.E.A.M. , a local group that gives teenagers the chance to learn business skills. Their prices are very reasonable and the kids loved it. We had a climb and slide one and also a regular moon bounce. I wanted to go it in, it looked so fun. But after 9 hours, I was pooped just watching and making sure the kids didn't get hurt. We also had one of those giant gym parachutes, and kids love those things too, they're a lot cheaper, you can find them on the internet for less than 40 dollars, and there are a ton of games you can play with those.
So that was my weekend, today I have to clean our messy apt. Harland cleaned the kitchen, so I gotta get cracking.
But, before I go I have to catch you up on my last weekend!! Last weekend my friend Elena came. We did some shopping and went out to eat, but also we took a stop to Great Falls National Park on Sunday(and used my parks pass).

Then later in the day (because Elena and I didn't go hiking we just stopped by for a minute on the way to the airport, as the falls are right next to the visitor's center...) Harland and I went for a walk at a 2nd National Park - Manassas Battlefield Park. And we saw some ice under the bridge, which was interesting considering last week it was a lot milder than this week has been. I have pictures, but google is being weird and isn't allowing me t add anymore pictures! Ugh. Technology! I'll just make a new post later with the pictures.


1 comment:
You have so many wonderful outdoorsy places near you!!
Did I tell you that I now have another person in Virginia? My cousin just moved to Charlottesville last week (they just moved back to Virgina after four years in Germany).
Oh, and our old (and most favorite because he is the best ever) pediatrician moved to Winchester last. But I can't count him, because if I showed up at his house, he might think I am a stalker. ;)
So, my total friend/family count (including you) is six. I can't talk my husband into moving there, though. :(
Post a Comment