Well I have two posts to talk about today, one is about my "2nd birthday" and the second is about running. Sorry, I don't have any major knitting news this week!
1. 2nd birthday...
My birthday was really 2 weeks ago, but we didn't do much since it was on a Monday, and we both had to work. (I'm trying to save up my vaca time for before H. leaves).
I had a nice Monday birthday, H. cooked dinner and bought me flowers (the Wii is my actual birthday gifty even though we got in in May). I got a few cards and gifts in the mail including a cool new fountain pen from my inlaws. (you can see it here). I love fountain pens, but one of mine the cap doesn't stay on and all the others are just cheaper plastic ones. This one feels nice in the hand, has a screw on cap and writes beautifully. Now I need a couple of new pen pals to write to. :)
So that was the actual birthday - then yesterday we celebrated by going out to eat. We went to a really nice Italian Restaurant - Primi Piatti. Way more expensive than our normal going out to eat budget. Then afterward we realized we hadn't gone to a really nice place in a long time! Since we're always trying to save money we don't splurge very often. Like in years! Ha! One even funner thing is I received two birthday cards yesterday too - from Susan and from my Aunt Patty - so it really was like a 2nd birthday!! Who could ask for anything more than being celebrated for two days.
2. Running...
I have been keeping up the schedule - jog/walking every other day. In fact I even went this morning. it was a really nice morning to go to Burke Lake Park. It was in the mid 80's in the sun but cooler in the shade. I ran a total of 18 minutes today! (run 2 min walk 2.5 min). It was nice running on the dirt/gravel path instead of sidewalk and asphalt around here. I had a blister on my foot (actually a HUGE one) from my heels I wore yesterday. I don't understand how I used to wear those things all the time, I guess I had tougher feet back then. But MoleSkin saved my run. I highly reccomend it to any hikers or runners out there. I haven't developed any bad blisters while hiking before so I never used the piece that we carry with us. Of course, one evening in high heels and look at me.
As Harland says, "What price for beauty!!".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
A very happy (and very belated) birthday to you. :)
moleskin rocks - sorry I've been such a poor reader but I'm kinda finally back on the pooter now PLUS I have lots of schoolwork to procrastinate on from here on out so I'll probably be reading lots more :) happy belated bday again - still pondering gifties... :)
Post a Comment