Friday, July 25, 2008

Take a walk with me

The other morning it was so beautiful out (there was a crazy storm the night before) that I decided to take a walk after my run to take some pictures. Somehow I even made it to work on time even though I had to grab some breakfast on the way (CVS has shredded wheat!).

Anyway - first of all here it the lake that I jog around. It was chilly that morning after a long heat wave, so the lake was steaming. It looked better when I was running around it, a lot steamier, but when I went to take a picture the sun had come up and was burning off the fog.

I also saw this tree with the sun behind it and thought it was very pretty.


Unfortunately, a different tree, my favorite tree in the neighborhood did not make it through the stroms the other night unscathed. :(
I love this tree, it is HUGE. And in the fall it turns red, and in the spring it has flowers. It is so pretty.Here is the branch that broke off. It was 7 car spaces long. You can see others like it in the background here.

Luckily this branch is small compared to the tree so It should be fine.

And then here are some black-eyed Susan's that looked lovely in the sun.

And this is a rainbow from the other week, it is pretty faint, hope you can see it.

Other than that - not much is new. I strained a muscle in my leg the other day but it hurts less today. Oh oh! And I got my running skirt, I haven't tried it out but it looks cute when I tried it on. I hope it solves the "creep up" factor so I don't feel like I have to adjust my running attire all the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures. I hope you like the running skirt... creeping are shorts are so annoying. :)

Susan said...

I love the sun-behind-tree. I love how those running skirts look but I seem to feel too self-conscious in anything but my huge baggy capri exercise pants, at least these days. The last couple of days I've been too busy to do my standard boredom-binging (that was a mainstay of most of my summer) so if that continues hopefully I'll at least be able to graduate to shorts at the gym one of these days :) I wish some of your exercise focus would rub off on me!