Thursday, November 06, 2008

Some more Aruba

Okay - So we can keep on moving. So the next place we went to was the Ostrich farm. Just so you know, Ostriches are not my favorite thing. They're huge and they look like they'd poke out your eyes if you looked at them twice, and that killing you comes to them as natural as breathing.

So it took me the time it took about 5 other tourists to feed them to decide I would try it myself. You can notice this is not my natural smile, :).

But the babies are soooo fluffy and cute!


Then on the drive to the natural pool, we saw some sights:

Some wild Donkeys:

We went by htese big rocks. These are odd rocks in that Aruba is a volcanic island, and should not have htese kind of rocks on it. Naturalists do not understand how these rocks came to be on Aruba! Mysterious!


This crazy ranch with these weird huge plastic animals (like you'd see on a mini-golf course or something) and it had these catci fences. It was bizaro.

Then we took this insane dirt road. For about 45 minutes it was pretty scary. I was really worried people that people fall out the back. It was a little nuts. I'm glad I was not driving.

So you can see what the people in the other jeeps... but can you see the road below? No. Neither could we.

And here is Harland driving along a cliff.


But what we were driving to was sooo worth it. We went to the natural pool It was so beautiful. There was this circle of rocks where the waves would break over them, and it was like swiming in waterfalls. The water was clear and there were all kids of beautiful fish swimming in the pool. You can see the pool in the middle of the picture if you look closely.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love the donkeys and the mysterious rocks! And I take it you won't want to help with the chores when I buy my ostrich ranch?