But I was organizing my yarn drawer the other night when I couldn't sleep. I took out some scrapbooking stuff out of two drawers and made more room for yarn.

Here is what my scrap yarn drawer looks like. These are old bits and pieces of yarn skeins that I have made other things with. Some of them are almost whole skeins, the others are tiny pieces. The tiny pieces I often use for bows when I'm present wrapping. And maybe I'll make some kind of striped thing eventually,I dunno. I just know I can't throw it away. :)
Then the 2nd drawer has new yarn.
And just in case you wanted to see where I knit... We only have a small one-bedroom apartment so I don't have a knitting room or anything, but I do have a knitting corner. And here it is in all its glory.

I do have a question for all my yarn-artist friends out there. What can I make with this yarn? I have no idea what to do with it. I got it in a grab bag with other yarns. I have 4 balls of this stuff and no idea what I could use it for.

And in other knitting news... I did knit two little Christmas ornaments. One is a little sweater for my work's Christmas tree... it was requested that I knit something... and the other is a little mini stocking I knit for my Mom's tree.

For the sweater I used the Turtle neck egg cozy sweater pattern in "Weekend Knitting" by Melanie Falick. I stuffed a few shipping peanuts in it to give it a little shape and sewed up the bottom. I think it's pretty cute.

The pattern for the mini stocking is in "Last-Minute Knitted Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson. It took a long time - probably longer than the sweater did. It's knit on tiny size 1 needles. i had a hard time at the end gathering the stitches at the end because my yarn needle wouldn't go through the stitches that is how small they are... so I had to use this tiny crochet hook I have.


4 comments:
Love the little sock. I have got to make some for next year.
As for that yarn... I'm thinking a sexy, glittery little tank top that you can wear out cruisin' the bars.
(and that, was sarcasm, btw...) I actually have no idea what to do with it... maybe a shawl? Try looking up the yarn on ravelry and seeing what projects other people have done with it.
okay... I just checked out ravelry, and apparently it has been used for shawls, scarves, and.... a tank top! ;)
I was browsing books today and saw a book called "The Friday Night Knitting Club" sitting next to its sequel "Knit Two" by Kate Jacobs. I thought you might enjoy these books.
how fun - the little stocking looks highly familiar :) -- the glittery yarn you could also use as trim/accent with something else - like an occasional stripe in a sweater or something... otherwise it would make a tremendous sleek dressy scarf (do you remember my little green scarf I made in France? it is with very similar yarn)
Post a Comment