Wednesday, December 17, 2008

We got some news!

It looks like the Army is letting the guys come home for the holidays... from Dec 22 thru Jan 2nd. To me, I feel they should add in the weekend there to make it longer, but I guess they have their reasons.

Since he has those 10 days off, it looks like my plan to go visit relatives in CT will have to be put on hold a bit... Obviously we have to make plans with his family. I'll sure be glad to see him and I'll be happy I get to spend the holidays with him. And now that we got those dates confirmed last night, I feel really happy. I didn't want to get my hopes up too much... just in case.

So that is what is going on with me. I still have a lot of Christmas shopping to do and because of a Red Cross meeting last night (for the March Mania event) I still have not worked on any more knitting. This holiday season is fast approaching.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay!! I'm so glad you are getting to see him for Christmas.

I am currently making a few knitted bookmarks as gifts. They are quick. :)

Also, it's a good way to try out lace.

Susan said...

very glad you guys are getting some more together time :) btw did you ever get the dwarf swedish fish?

Unknown said...

I hope ya'll had fun this holiday season, I know my break went by way to fast. Laura told me that ya'll have been keeping in touch. It really makes me happy that Laura has someone she can talk to that understands what she is going through.