Today I decided to answer a few questions friends/family often ask me.
1. I thought your Hubby was out of the Army... What's going on?
As most of you know, H. has been called back into the Army. Every person who signs up to the Army is required to give at least 8 years of service. This can be given in a variety of ways. H. chose to be active Army for a few years and then be a member of the IRR, or Inactive Ready Reserve. The Army saw fit to call him out of that and serve for an additional 400 days of Active Duty, which it can do at any time to any person in the inactive reserve.
2. Where is your husband going? When is he leaving? What will his job be?
I don't know, I don't know and I don't know. hahaha. The Army hasn't told us yet. He hasn't gotten his final orders yet.
3. When he's overseas will you visit/go to live with him? (I have been asked some variation of this question 4 or 5 times now, honest).
NO! no,no,no,no! It's a war, folks! I guess I feel flattered people think I'm this adventurous. Even if I wanted to, there are no commercial flights there. I'd have to fly to Iran and backpack into Iraq. I have no desire to do this, no matter how I'll miss him!
4. I bet you'll miss him, right? Again this is a question I puzzle about when I hear it. Of course I will! He's my love! My dear Husband! He'll be gone for a year!
5. I'd like to send him something, where shall I send it?
See answer to question #2. Once he gets settled I'll know, and I'll e-mail all our friends and family his address. In the meantime, if you want to send something to me, once I can I'll mail it to him.
6. I want to donate to something that helps the troops, what are some good organizations?
There are a ton of great organizations. Here are some of the ones I know what they do.
The VFW is a great organization. There are several programs that you can donate to under them.
Here is the link to their site.
The USO provides entertainment and morale and welfare programs to the troops.
They're the ones that bring in bands and have places for the soldiers to e-mail home.
Here is a link to their site.
The American Redcross is unusual in that it helps to provide messages to soldiers about their families (babies, deaths, financial problems, etc). So that is another great organization.
here is a link to their site.
The Redcross is also collecting Holiday cards to send to troops overseas so if you want to send a general card out to "any soldier" here is the info for that program. Your last chance to send one is December 10th, so get cracking!
The Fisher House - this is an organization that helps provide accommodations for families of soldiers that require extensive medical attention due to severe injury or illness. Here is a link to their site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I LOVE your answer to question number 3!! Personally, I'm appalled that your love for him is not great enough that you would attempt such a ridiculous feat (or, is it that I'm glad that you are not CRAZY enough to attempt such a feat??!).
And, just for kicks, maybe you should tell people that you WON'T miss him, when they ask. I'd love to see their jaws drop.
really good idea of a post :) and probably a great way to use up some frustration energy as you await news.
Post a Comment