Saturday, January 17, 2009

Water Color Painting

Some of you know I decided to take a watercolor class while Harland is away.

I thought, although these are not the best in the world, to share the 1st weeks paintings with you.

1st - here is the project from class I felt rather rushed since we had limited time at the end to try and do all of these. Also the lighthouse picture is very blurry.... which makes it look even worse.


Then today I decided I wanted to retry the boats and also try something new from a picture.
The boats came out boat-loads better!

The picture was taken when I was in Jeju-do, South Korea. Jeju-do is like a Korean Hawaii (so they say). It is of a lamp that is on a famous bridge, called Seonimgyo Bridge (seven nymphs). The bridge itself is beautiful and something I'm sure I couldn't paint with my beginning skills. Here's a wikipedia article if you want to learn more about the bridge and see it's red glory (click here).


The day we went it was raining (we went during rainy season). So my picture isn't very cheery.


In other news - i've had a really bad week. Looks like Harland will be a platoon leader - not an office guy when he leaves. I didn't take the news well... but I'm getting more used to the idea.

Also - I've erased the running blog since I never post to it. I have been running. Although I'm waiting until tomorrow to run... today it a bit too chilly! It was 3 when I woke up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to gush on and on about your paintings.. but wow. Platoon leader. I'm sorry he isn't going to be tucked away in an office. Maybe painting was a good outlet for your this week?

Susan said...

as usual the USArmy wins the Stupidest Decision Ever contest. Heaven forbid we send people over to do what they were trained for. gah!! you poor thing - I'm glad you have the painting class - and glad you're feeling better XOXO