Okay - so Harland has an address finally! Whee!
People are asking me what they can send, what he wants/needs and so forth. He is in a tiny little outpost. He does not have a shopette (so he can't buy any snacks, magazines, etc) and will only get water every 5 days to shower. He is really out there! So what this means to you, is that anything he gets he will be so happy! He will also love to get things to read, so don't feel you have to send a package - letters or postcards or clips from the newspaper or child drawings or well, anything, will make his day as well.
I'm not going to post his favorite food items on here, because if I list 3 things, he will only get those three things. Variety is the spice of life...especially when you're in a hellhole. So think to yourself, "if I was in the middle of the desert, what would I want someone to send me?" And that is what you can send. haha.
Although, there are a few things you can not send:
1. Porn (it's illegal there)
2. Alcohol (ditto)
3. Olives (he really doesn't like olives, so put that jar down!)
4. Baked goods - the mail is unreliable and they can spoil in the heat easily
5. Chocolate or other easily melted items
6. Anything big and bulky that isn't edible. He does have limited space. (small books or games might be welcome - entertainment is limited - I hear the ping pong table there is where it is at).
And if you want to send him something and I forgot to e-mail you his address, please let me know in an e-mail or phone call and I shall remedy that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
dang! so much for that big batch of olives and porn I was going to send.
I guess you'll just have to keep them for yourself! hahahaha!
Post a Comment