Monday, March 16, 2009

This raincloud matches everything I wear

So I admit it, I have been in a funk.

I haven't been eating healthy and I haven't been exercising regularly (and as a result have gained 10 pounds since October!) I have not knit at all since I last saw Harland in January. Not one stitch. I keep meaning to finish up a Christmas present for Susan, but I never have gotten the courage to try and rip back two rows that have decreases. I need to admit defeat and send her the rest of her present and work on this soon.

I've been reading a lot. A little too much - I have no less than 15 books on Harland's side of the bed. I took 9 out of the library and have read them all in a week and a half. I stay up later than 10, wonder why I can't get up early... I have even been bad about returning phone calls and e-mails, which I try hard not to do, normally.

Keeping the home fires burning is sometimes hard. I promise I won't whine on here about it much, I try not to talk about it... but I really miss Harland alot. This past weekend was particularly rough for no real reason. It's not that I'm crying or anything. I just feel really lazy. Like things just don't sound as fun to do.

I've been trying to keep busy which has helped a lot, I am sure. But I've decided that I need to have a 2nd Quarter resolution session to snap out of it completley.

I'm going to share it all with you.
Starting now, I am going to really try and start exercising. No - not try - DO. I'm thinking 30 minutes a day, nothing fancy, walking counts (maybe even Wii fit should count). They say exercising boots one's mood, so this should help. I'm going to make a little counter over on the side to keep track. I'm not good with an actual fitness journal type blog (as we have seen).

And I suppose in perspective gaining a few pounds from eating too much sugar and french fries, being lazy and reading too much isn't really that bad. I mean it sure beats a lot of other stuff one who is feeling down might do. :)

Happy Ides of March!

No comments: