Sunday, May 21, 2006

Enter Agi

Well, I just could not get the hang of branching out. The farthest I ever got was 1.5 repeats. I think I will need to start on some thicker yarn and try it that way. But for now I needed a lace project I could work on.

I looked everywhere for a simple scarf design that was something I thought someone would wear. I ended up kind of creating my own off a stitch pattern on about.com. So I am now creating a scarf with a simple diagional pattern.

I will be posting some pictures of what I have so far tonight when I come home from work. Since I am in the Amazing Lace project... I will finally create my first entry. So, stay tuned.

I was going to take some more outside pictures today - but it is totally pouring out. I am not even going to wear my new skirt! Curses!

3 comments:

Kristina (Yarnsticks) said...

I was sad to hear about your problems with Branching Out. With 10 rows in the pattern repeat, I can see how you would have issues. It is why I put in a lifeline at the end of every pattern repeat. (I really recommend them for lace). My first lace project was a much simpler scarf (A Glitter Alpaca pattern from Cherry Tree Hill) with only 4 rows to the pattern repeat - 2 of them being purl rows, and the other two being almost identical - it was much easier to get the hang of. Hang in there, and I bet you will be making your Branching Out in a few months.

KBlicious said...

ok, you're in trouble. this was in my 10 page e-mail to you that i lost, but i bought a ball of Douce et Soie from the LYS to make a branching out when i finished cozy in sympathy for you. ;) just teasing... well about the trouble part, i did get the yarn. maybe i'll make an agi with it! i would have lit the yarn on fire by now, it's a tricky pattern and i made friends with the branching out frog myself, so i give you props for your attempts and bigger props for making up a pattern yourself! you totally rock and i'm jealous! looking forward to seeing more of the beautiful and delicate agi!

Jessica said...

Sean and Kristina, you are both so kind. Branching out was rather frustrating, I threw it across the room once. I think maybe after a slightly harder lace pattern after Agi (maybe an Elizabeth scarf) then I will try branching out in a thicker yarn. This tiny itty bitty lace is so hard to deal with sometimes.