If you would like a cheerier sock post - see the two below. I need a moment to complain.
You see, I have used Silver's sock tutorial as a great basis for worsted weight socks (personally I think the gussett is a little baggy if you are using regular sock yarn and size 3's but the instructions are fabu for worsted weight socks).
So I decided in a whim when I was buying some yarn for the super secret socks to buy some metal needles too so I can cruise throught hese socks. Today I had finished the decreasing on the gusset, and I decided to try them on. And they do not fit!!
So then I look at the needles and pull out my bamboo size 6 ones.
My bamboo ones are .25 MM bigger! Augh. So now I have to frog an almost finished sock, Darn it!
So are size 6 sock needles supposed to be 4MM or 4.25MM?
Back to the bamboo ones which make my socks fit. And back to starting over! I would like to finish these by Satudrday! Oh no! Will I be able to do it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
a HA those are not susansocks - very clever. or else you are just pretending they are not. I'm sure whatever socks end up susansocks will be even more beeyewteefull tho. :)
btw we are getting a Hobby Lobby out by Target but aren't they the ones who don't have needlework stuff, but more like a hobby shop? I hope I'm wrong because I don't trust Hal to go to ACMoore... well not often anyway. of course I have knitting project supplies out the wahzoo at home already because of the stuff I haven't got 'round to knitting.
also we will have a World Market, but knowing how our stores always turn out after they've been a*****-ized, they will probably only carry 3 pr 4 foodstuffs, 2 wine varieties, a teak desk, some bamboo cooking utensils and a batik sarong. (that tangent idea was going to become a blog entry but I couldn't take it any further... guess it might show up someday in one of my list-o-tidbits entries tho... :)
the susan socks (which are not pictured anywhere on this blog) are not progressing as fast as I would like. Hmm. They may not be SuLuSam Anniversary socks anymore.
Post a Comment