But first I have to show you that I have indeed been knitting and so here is proof - I sent these out to a certain someone who claimed they liked hand knit washclothes (a dangerous statement to make when I was producing them like hotcakes. Of course now I have moved on to a birthday present so my washcloth production is down right this second).

Isn't it cool how washclothes make their own little package and all you have to do is add contrasting string to make it look so pretty?!? And don't these three colors look marvelous together?!?!
Okay now onto the presents, first, my brithday present from Rebecca came (so my birthday was in June... I told everyone to wait until I got a bonified address). She's been my friend since like Kindergarden and how well does she know me?
Very well indeed - look at this!!

Alpaca yarn! And it has a little picture of one of the Alpacas from the farm, how cool is that? Also I got a neat spoon also from her trip to Washington State. It has a piece of Mt. St. Helen on it. Pretty snazzy for a little collector's spoon (yes I collect spoons, it is out on the internet for the world to know - I don't care who knows!!) And some Hello Kitty stickers that smell like vanilla. Pretty rocking!


And a surprise from Susan (who knows I love surprises especially when I am stressed out!) sent me this hilarious little button and some really cool Gee Bends Quilt stamps. I have wanted those stamps soooooo badly but my post office doesn't have them, and she didn't even know that! She is a mind reader!! I miss her incredibly.

Why do I have such great friends? Who knows!! It made my bad week slightly better. It was my first mail here at my new place! Yay!!
And more importantly - what am I going to make with 215 yards of DK Alpaca yarn? It came with a pattern that you can see in some of the photos, but we know my track record with lace is ZERO. Hmmm. Harland suggested mittens since the wool is so warm, but I have hot hands to begin with. Suggestions? Leave them below. PLEASE. Or send me an e-mail. Or send your suggestion inside another package for me. Haha.


3 comments:
HEY! I guess we can safely say I can still comment on your blog despite wacky beta-ness. :) I'm digging thru emails tonight - got yours earlier of course but no time at school. Anyway you asked about blog comments so there :)
That button still cracks me up. That yarn from Rebecca rocks! I was at Hobby Lobby drooling today but I have 3 projects' worth of yarn here so I promised myself I'd dig into some of that before buying any new there. I'm very very happy that we finally have non-polyester yarn in town!!
I've got 2 skiens of worsted that I'm trying to figure out what to do with!
Maybe a really cute hat...? still thinking...
ooh - how about a floppy tam-o-shanter style berret?
Post a Comment