We all know how eager I am to settle down and move in to the new apartment. How I am looking forward to finally starting my life together with my wonderful husband - after almost 2 years of marriage we have yet to live in an apartment with our belongings. And really, I have been living out of suitcases since January. We haven't slept in a bed bigger than a double since then. I want sheets big enough so that I don't have to steal every night!!
(and a side story here, my husband is really wonderful. The other day I was mad at my hair. I am sure some of you have felt this way before, your hair looks stupid several days in a row, you swear you are going to cut it off. I decided "what the heck, I barely wear my hair down anymore because it has been bothering me I should cut it short." The next day - it looks perfect. Without any effort. like a model's hair. So I tell this little story to Harland and for some reason I was expecting the answer of something Susan would say - so something like "I know how that is, the hair always does that when you decide to cut it" or "maybe it is trying to get our of it's death sentence" or something along those lines. But instead this is what he said "Really? I thought your hair looked great, Honey, you are so beautiful everyday that these little ins and outs I don't notice." Isn't he just dreamy?)
Okay but back to the point. Moving is never easy. It never goes right. It is like weddings - something always happens. And I knew this move would not be easy. I mean, our stuff is coming from Ohio, from Korea, and from Alabama.
But I didn't expect this:
Thursday night 6:30pm - movers call say they need to deliver the things tomorrow.
(we don't move in til saturday)
it is too late to call the apt. office.
so we call the next morning. by 10 am we get them to let us move in one day early with the understanding our carpets will not be completely dry from the cleaning.
4:00 I leave work early to go sign the lease and everything - Harland also leaves work earlier.
4:45 when the movers are supposed to arrive
7:00 when the movers do arrive
7:10 skies open up, pouring commences
8:00 movers are done
8:01 H & I got to maccoroni grill.
But what did we get? Not our stuff from Korea. That stuff didn't make it to Ohio in time to get moved. So who knows when we will get that. My Alabama stuff should come sometime this week, I just hope they let me know earlier than 6:30 the night before.
So today will be a fun day of moving the little we have here to the apt. Cleaning where we were staying and maybe going to Ikea for a table.
But I might not have internet for a few days (just warning you) at home so I won't be posting. Notice no knitting has been mentioned. because I haven't done any. I am hoping to go to a knitting group this thursday.
Rock on and send many happy moving vibes my way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
re : happy moving vibes... done! and continuing :)
it was nice to yak! happy new apt! woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!
why does your hair smell like coffee? is this a constant condition?... making me crave some actually... hmmmm.
Your husband sounds very sweet! Looking forward to seeing more knitting, but I love hearing your stories, as well. Good luck with getting set up with in your new apartment.
meh. I can't stand movers. They drive me batty.
Sorry you had trouble! Hope everything turns out all well and good in the end!
Post a Comment