I had a very nice Christmas visiting my relatives in Connecticut and my parents in Pennsylvania. It was good to see everyone but really way too short. And now I have some kind of head cold from hell.
For some reason I always get sick between Christmas and New Years. I don't know why. It's good I have off work.
I got a Cuisinart for Christmas from my parents which is very exciting. I have visions of freshly baked bread and onions not making me cry and all sorts of chopped up veggies dancing in my head.
Harland and I also got assorted hiking gifts from family members which also is fantastic since it is our joint hobby, and I also got a few knitting books (thanks Teresa and Mom and Dad!)
I made a bunch of knitted gifts for people this Christmas: hats for my cousins Bob and Rick, Scarves for my Uncles and Aunt Patty, mittens for my Aunt Joanne, etc. All in all I made 8 things which was pretty tough to do in October to Christmas. Next year I guess I'll either knit only a few presents or try to do one per month. I dunno it is so hard to tell whether people will actually use their presents or if they are just ambivalent about them. I spend so much time on them that I don't want to just spend all this time on things only to have people not use them. It was hard to judge whether or not people were excited or not since I was in charge of handing out the mountain of presents and that is a tough job to do and pay attention.
But on the other hand I really like making things for people because the weeks I am working on their project I think of them while I am knitting their gift. So... well I guess that is the problem with handmade gifts. At least everyone seemed appreciative.
Well that is all for now. I need a nap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
It was scrumptious to talk to you the other night! Yay again on your Cuisinart and double yay on all your knitting! I finally picked up my knitting stuff again - warmed up on 3 little dishcloths to put in with Brig and Troy's fruitcake which I'm dropping off over there today when I check on Mystic and Percy. Anyway now I might even start a bona fide project again... I still have some quilting stuff I wanted to do tho... so whichever, it's all good.
Your mention of wondering if people will use knitted stuff reminded me of this article I read in a quilting mag last week about someone makeing a quilt for their sister's family and when they went to visit the next time, the quilt had been subjugated to the floor for the dog. Granted dogs deserve fun quilty things, too, but can you imagine? Luckily at least with knitted stuff there are more quick projects available so we can gauge the project (npi) to the person hopefully well enough so that if someone does start using their hand-knit mittens to wipe up spills or something then we won't be too heartbroken... :) more soon - my battery is dead. I SWEAR I'm calling Linksys today!!! loves.
Post a Comment