Saturday, February 17, 2007

So I'm on yarn ban

Hello. I have spent some money and I think Harland laid down the law of no more yarn until I finish the things I recently bought. The other day I bought some yarn for a birthday present and some for myself. The self present was for new sock yarn for myself so I could make myself a pair of socks.

But then today I bought some more. Some of you know I am at a class this weekend for the American Red Cross and they had a little store setup and this was there:




And I have had my eye on it for months. So who can really blame me? Want to buy on for a knitter you know? Or maybe yourself. Go here! I say it is a lot better than if I had a jewelry compulsion or a shoe compulsion or something - I mean I think yarn should be considered a form of entertainment. Sure, a skein of yarn over at blue moon (this is the color I got) may cost 20 bucks. But what other 20 bucks can entertain a person on their commute for 2-4 weeks? And then have something to show for it? Nothing.

Well the temps out side are still freezing but today it got a little bit warmer. You can tell from the icicles... The big one is almost 2 feet long!! (you can't tell because I took the picture from so far away).

3 comments:

KBlicious said...

i have eyed that red cross sock set too! what is the yarn like in there, like it? and i am SOOOO jealous of your socks that rock! ARGH! want to hear all about it when you get it. i'm working on flower power still, learned a new way to do the toe mid-toe and think i might wait until i can get some size 1 dpn's to restart... we'll see.

xoxoxoxox

Jessica said...

Well the yarn is very nice. I love it. But I am a bit confused... the needles say "gauge 3" on them - but are really gauge 5... and so I don't want to use the needles with the yarn because I think the resulting fabric will be too "hole-y".

So I have to figure out what to do.
Hmm.

Susan said...

very very fun! and your blue moon vareigated yarn is really fun too! -- I can't think of any other $20 that will last you two weeks, unless it was $20 of oatmeal or something, but it wouldn't be good for keeping one happy during a commute... even books, unless you got a good deal somewhere, it would be hard to buy $20 worth of fiction that would keep you busy that long... I saw your comment on our 80 degree day - is that crazy or what?? it was very very freaky, even for here! we aren't as icy as you guys but there was ice on the puddles Friday morning on my way to school, which I found really fun in a nostalgic way :)