Well it is a snowy day here. It was supposed to turn to rain or freezing rain, but that never happened. I, of course, am a perpetual 12 year-old inside who wants work closed tomorrow. Ah... remember 2 hour delays? I wish I had those!! Hubby and I really need to buy a shovel. I know we live in an apt. and all, but our apt. people do not shovel or plow much around here. We're supposed to get rain and freezing rain later tonight - so who knows.
Anyway... we have some snow and we have had a nice lazy Sunday here watching "Race to the moon" which we checked out of our library. The centreville Library really has a poor DVD collection... I think they have less DVDs than we have here at home. This Documentary was really well done and very interesting. It makes me wonder why we don't spend more money to do more space stuff. Well, I mean I know why we haven't ( we have to spend money on a certain war) but I wish we could. Weren't we all supposed to have personal spacecrafts and robots by now??
On the knitting front - I haven't knitted a whole lot lately - the convention last week really took up my entire weekend and this week I think I knitted twice. Shame on me!! But I finished AMy's present. I haven't mailed it yet. I really have to go to the Post Office and mail my Dad his EXTREMELY late Birthday present and Amy's slightly belated gift. Honestly, I am the worst about getting to the post office.
I started H's socks so I can take them when I commute and I am starting my cousin's scarf as well. Yay!!
On a different note, I have some Socks that Rock Yarn laying around... What is your favorite pattern used for this yarn if you have used it? I bought the lightweight. What size needles did you use? I want these socks to be perfect... so I am unsure what pattern to use. You know how it is.
Here are the pictures of the 3 inches... well actually the sock is more like 1.5 inches at the point I took its picture.



3 comments:
I'm sorry to burst your bubble JBB but it is _I_ who is worst about PO trips!! I still have about 5 packages' worth of stuff waiting to be sent to people, one for Christmas, the rest just incidental goodies I found here and there. gah!!! :)
I forgot to answer your catbed question - I did see catbeds at wendyknits and I assume they were the same you saw - very fun, I think... as for the kits, you know them... you never know what they'll like! altho they have taken to sleeping in that basket on the bottom of my blue bookshelf in the livingroom (the one I emptied the mags out of when you were here) lately :)
hey so is that your Red Cross yarn in the pic? meaning you have your own yarn baller at home??!???!?!? :)
Post a Comment