Happy Valentine's Day! (AKA Singles Awareness Day, as Elena calls it) It has been a pretty eventful V-day for me here. First of all I got flowers yesterday (see post below for pics) and we had terrible weather last night which lead to the office being closed today! Yay! So I got to work from home, which was nice. No commute! Think of what I could do if I didn't waste 3-3.5 hours a day commuting! It was soooo wonderful.
Plus H. was home so we both worked from home which was quite a nice bonus for valentine's day.
It warmed up enough and stuff melted for a little bit that we could get out to eat at Ruby Tuesday's which is where we met (with Susan! It would have been better if she could have magically gotten here and come with!)
So it was a super nice day - I even got a card from my Mom and Dad!
I'm just dreading trying to get out of the parking lot tomorrow - you see everything that melted earlier is now (as I type) freezing. It's supposed to get down to the teens and we have winds up to 40MPH! Yuck.
I was thinking of Valentine's Days past... and some of the best ones... I remember from when I was little with Mom and Dad... they always did a good job of including me and making a nice memorable day. I also remember the V-day after I was dumped by my first boyfriend and I met a friend of mine for some drinks in the bar (she got her divorce papers a few days before) and we watched the dog show on TV in the bar. It was pretty fun. Another Valentine's day after a breakup with a different person I ate sushi and had my first sake with my friend Heather (hey if anyone knows Heather's new address let me know! I can't get in touch with her!)
So see - I have a lot of memorable days from when I was single, and a lot of them were better than when I was with someone! I mean the first V-day when I was married? H. was halfway around the world, the florists delivered the flowers at 4pm - way after I left work and I thought he forgot about me. Then when I got to work the next day they were all dead since they were not in water! Then the second one when we were married? He had so much work that he didn't even eat his dinner when it was warm- he spent most of the time on the phone.
So Happy Valentine's Day!!! I wish you all the best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
wow what a great day! yay you guys!!! sorry no cards from me - I was feeling a little bitter over the weekend when I normally would have sent out a few cards and decided people with their very own flesh-and-blood valentines didn't need any epistolary ones from me - what can I say, Susan has her ickiness at times, it's sad but true! anyway I'm glad you guys got an impromptu extra-time-together VD, truly! :) :) :)
I had even bought some very small and dorky candy things for a few g/f's (who have relationships) but ate them all Tuesday afternoon... nyernt nyernt!
Post a Comment