Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Some FOs and other Pictures

Hello!!
First here is the picture of my shortbread cookies...

And here is where I am with Harland's Sock:

I don't like the way it shows all tension problems... and the way I knitted it the part that was the side is now down the front.... Oh well.

Now, Dad if you are reading this, you can't show the rest of this blog entry to mom...
I've knitted Mom some washcloths and am planning on getting some nice soap to round out the gift when I go to visit them in a few weeks (them meaning my dear parents, not the washcloths, I, um, currently live with the washcloths) Here they are!


I really enjoyed making this round one. I see many in my future. Which probably means someday there will be one in your future. :) Here is the link to the pattern if you can't wait for me:
Click Here
However, reading that pattern is a little annoying if you (like me) take your knitting on buses and subways and don't want to carry paper instructions. So I devised an easier way to remember the pattern:

Instead of counting the stitches left and turning...
the first 3 even rows follow the YO with K11 then turn
then Bind off 3sts, knit 2, Yo then K8, turn
the next 2 even rows - after the YO K8
then Bind off 3, knit 2, Yo then K5, turn
the next 2 even rows - after the YO K5
Bind off three, knit across



This is the ballband cloth from Mason Dixing Knitting - I'm big fans, their website is over on my side bar -------> My dearest KB sent me their Book; and here's an article about this pattern (pattern included)


This last one is pure Jessica... Just your everyday seed stitch with a few rows of garter stitch in between.

3 comments:

Susan said...

uh oh I'm going to have to do the round dishcloth now... just trying to decide what to do with the leftover dishcloth yarn I have so that's a good one to test. merci!

KBlicious said...

omg, i am so casting on for that round dishcloth RIGHT NOW. i love it! i made star-shaped dog/cat treats a few weeks ago! :) Yours look way better, though, i burn things.

KBlicious said...

look what you did! :-) xoxoxoxoxoxox