Sunday, April 15, 2007

Rain Rain Go Away

Well, the weekend is quite a bust! Horrible weather. I guess it is nice to stay in... but it would have been nice to go out for a weekend hiking and camping! Shoot. At this rate we won't get to use the tent until June! What is up with the weather?!?!?

Harland has been gone on business trips lately - 2 weeks in a row he was gone. You know with all the Army wife training I had, you would think 2 weeks would have been totally painless... but still I missed the guy. Not the soundtrack CD (which has been played once so far since he came home) but the rest of him I miss.

Amy asked me "what do I do when he's gone?". I didn't want to say before he came back in case there is some crazy blog stalker out there.... luckily no business trips int he future.

There are several things I like to do when he's gone:
1. Eat in front of the TV
2. Eat ridiculous combinations like popcorn and sushi for dinner. Actually eat things he doesn't really like. Like KimBap. And Soup.
3. I like to sleep in. He's a big fast waker-upper. I take more after my dad. I like to set the alarm waaaay before I have to get up and read in bed until I have to get up.
4. Watch girly movies.

okay so that is what I've done in the last few weeks.

And also, I think I've posted on here that I want to become healthier... so I have a new goal here on the blog. I joined Weight Watchers this week on Wednesday, so I'll let you know how that goes. With Harland "I can eat anything, and eat it is super large quantities" as my hubby I totally have gained weight. And I know that WW is a solid way to lean how to eat proper portions and better food. And I know it is something that you can eat real food and learn how to make good choices. My first goal is 19 pounds. unfortunately I have gained so much weight that I'll have to have a 2nd goal once I reach that. :( But that is okay, you can't be perfect every day of your life, so it's important what direction you move in, right?

Don't worry, this isn't going to turn into a weight loss blog or anything, I just wanted to tell you what is up. And that is about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's your blog, and you can do whatever you like. :) I bore people with weekly exercise updates (like you care how fast I can run...).

When I first met my husband, (who can also eat ginormous quantities of everything), I quickly gained 20 pounds. No, actually, 30. I later lost 20 of those 30. I still remember our first date - he ate like an entire pizza and I maybe ate two slices. Fast forward a couple years, and I was eating five or six slices! It took me years, and years and years to become adjusted to eating a normal amount of food when I am sitting next to someone who packs away enough for three people. If I am not careful, it is still easy to fall into it. He eats while watching tv every night (well, not every night anymore, since he's on night shift now). He has finally learned not bring in snacks for me, as well.

Anyway, good luck. I have a friend that loves weight watchers. She lost amazing amounts of weight after her pregnancies. She also gets up early and workouts five days a week. I don't know how she did it, each time having a newborn. It's definitely work.