Well I finally had time to write a little blurb about our gear. First up (on request by my dear Uncle Buddy) is our new stove.
We had quite a time deciding on a stove. There a lot to choose from and the technology these days really has made them be quite durable, easy to use and light. After a while we were down to three: The one I liked was the MSR Whisperlite (because it white gas which you can get in a lot of different countries and eventually we want to backpack in Australia), Harland liked the Primus Etapower (he liked the convenience of the canister fuel and the pots), and we ended up compromising with the Jet boil, which is awesomesauce (and it was on sale which was a bonus).

First of all everything packs into the pot which is nice.

It is easy to set up and with the little feet on the canister it is very stable.
You don't need to prime it (yay since I am a bit scared of setting my eyebrows on fire) and it starts with the push of a button, literally.

It also boiled our water in less than 2 minutes.
Cons... well this isn't really a con for us - but if you hike in very cold mountains, sometimes you can have problems with the gas being cold. But I think that happens with all canister stoves.
So that is the end of the first review. I give it two thumbs up.
BTW, my cilantro and dill finally sprouted new leaves. Their first real leaves that look like grown up plants. The rosemary and mint never did come up. I am going to have to purchase a rosemary plant and steal some mint from my dear Mom's herb garden.



2 comments:
You mean you don't cook your food on a fire that you make on the ground? (please don't laugh...)
Wow! Camping is so high-tech!
very fun! I like that it's orange :)
Post a Comment